Sunday, August 14, 2011

Favorite Nail Polish of the Week: Boom Boom Pow from deborah lippmann

This weeks favorite is Boom Boom Pow from Deborah Lippmann. It is a gorgeous gold glitter that is so perfect for summer evenings, it really catches the light from indoor lighting and candlelight. I also noticed when I read at night the glitter reflects on my book, like a disco ball - sooo neat :)

Boom Boom Pow

Boom Boom Pow was released last August as part of the 2010 Holiday Collection with Today Was a Fairy Tale . It doesn't layer to be solid, as you can see in the swatches below, but I really like that. I think it looks best on its own, but it also looks lovely layered over a base color. I plan to use it in an upcoming NOTD layered over another base color... and I use it on the bling finger in this NOTD over Purple With a Purpose by OPI. So check those swatches out too :)

Two coats of Boom Boom Pow

Two coats of Boom Boom Pow

Three coats of Boom Boom Pow

Three coats of Boom Boom Pow

What have you been sporting on your nails this past week?

Hope everyone had a great weekend :))

Christina <3

TIP: When you're impatient or just don't have the time to sit around letting your nails dry... after about 5 minutes of air drying, dunk your fingers in a bowl of ice water for a minute or so to set and harden your nail polish. You will still have to be careful but not nearly as careful as just air drying alone. :) Hope this tip helps?!?

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, you're the reason why i discovered deborah lippmanns amazing nail polishes, so thanks, you've have cost me a lot of money:P Hah.. Just started a blog myself, hope you'll check it out.
    - apassion4beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!

    haha ya sorry about that :/

    Following you too now xox<3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...