Thursday, June 23, 2011

China Glaze Celtic Sun (Neon) swatches

So the other day my boyfriend came home with this bottle of China Glaze Celtic Sun (Neon), which is this bright yellow highlighter color. I am pretty sure this bottle is from a collection that was released in summer '2010? But I can't really find anything about it on the usual blog sites that I follow. BAA I found it and it is from the INK collection, summer '2008 :/ Eek, that was a while ago? It is a pretty vibrant, cool color if you can get it almost opaque. I didn't try putting a base coat of white under to see if that would make it more opaque- I think that would probably help?!

Celtic Sun is a perfect summer color. I love bright colors for the summer. Sometimes I find yellow polish makes my finger nails look dirty or sickly, but I feel it is easier to pull off when it is this bright. If you can't find Celtic Sun, you could probably find China Glaze's yellow polka dot bikini (cute name)! Unfortunately, it also lives up to being a shear, streaky formula that requires many coats to  get it to appear opaque, similar to the actual color you see in the bottle. As you can see the finish of Celtic Sun is matte.

All China Glaze nail polishes are cruelty free and manufactured 3-free (without DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde).

I honestly really love this color and would definitely wear it again! It goes perfectly with the bright pink on my toes...which is totally going to be my first 'featured favorite of the week' this coming Sunday, so you will hear all about it then!! :)

Christina :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...