Friday, June 17, 2011

First Blog Post AND OPI Texas Collection from Spring'2011

OPI released the Texas collection on February 2nd, 2011.



I bought the Texas Collection Lil Shooters mini set of 4 bottles, which includes: Austin-tatious Turquoise, I Want to be a Lone Star, Do You Think I'm Tex-y?, and a RapiDry Top Coat.

I liked this mini collection so much I have been trying to grab up large sizes of my most favorite colors. I only have three of the jellies in large size and at this point I doubt that I will find many of the others that I would LOVE to have, specifically 'I Want to be a Lone Star' :)

As this is my very first blog post (And I have been meaning to do this for a long time), it will likely be disorganized and somewhat outdated...but if you are like me and just looking for a specific color to use or compare with another, you won't really care. This blog will be somewhat of a disorganized record of every nail polish I have ever owned/worn. My First weekly blog will be "Featured Polish of the Week" where I will talk about and show my most favorite nail polish from the past week. I will probably do this every Sunday.

I will occasionally post other reviews if I really love something. My obsession is nail polish, I am almost always changing colors on a regular basis. My nail polish obsession started with  clear polishes or light pink, fresh colors. I used to shy away from bright colors. Not anymore! I don't really feel like there is any color that I wont wear. I stay away from some because they just don't look nice with my fair skin tone but I will always give anything a try. Blah. Rambling now.

Anyways, this blog will be about documenting every kind/color of nail polish that I can get my hands on. I will try and do something cool and new every once and a while- if this is even possible, there are already so many amazing bloggers out there! :)

Back to the OPI Texas collection...

I know I should likely start with swatches of the lil shooters but I still haven't had a chance to do that yet, not that I haven't worn them a lot already, just that I didn't formally take pictures to post. This blog idea although old, is still relatively new in the making. And I need to try to NOT melt off my fingers by painting them multiple times daily, which is one reason why I said it will likely be disorganized at first. I have formally taken pictures of the three large jellies (OPI says 'sorbet') that I have: Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em, Guy Meets Gal-veston, and Houston We Have a Purple. I LOVE these colors and have been wearing them periodically throughout the spring and so far summer of 2011. They are perfect summer shades of bright pink, coral, and purple. 

All OPI nail polishes are manufactured 3-free (without DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde). They are also cruelty free, so you don't have to feel guilty.



OPI: Too Hot Pink to Hold 'Em


And on the nails...

OPI: Guy Meets Gal-veston with OPI: Katy Perry's Teenage Dream on top of the ring finger


OPI: Houston We Have a Purple

I love the finish of these polishes. I am not a fan of the fact that I have to paint so many coats in order to get it to be opaque but I love the 'sorbet' finish. It is perfect for when you are sick of sparkles, glitters, and metallics. I think jellies are great for the summer season and I LOVE to add some glitter or shatter to the ring fingers too :) 

Hopefully this is an okay first blog entry. Much more to come!!

Christina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...