Saturday, June 25, 2011

OPI The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Collection Spring '2011

OPI released the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Collection on May 20th, 2011.

From left to right: 'Skull & Glossbones', 'Stranger Tides', and 'Mermaids Tears'.
'Steady As She Rose', 'Sparrow Me the Drama', and 'Planks a Lot'.
And finally, the Silver Shatter.

I bought the mini collection, which has: 'Skull & Glossbones', 'Stranger Tides', 'Sparrow Me the Dramma', and 'Planks a Lot'. I really like the mini collections. I know they don't last as long but you get to try out four different polishes from the collection and...if you're like me, then you don't ever really go through an entire full size bottle anyways- unless it becomes one of my all-time-favorites! Anyways, swatches below!! :)
From left to right: 'Skull & Glossbones', 'Planks a Lot', 'Sparrow Me the Drama', and 'Stranger Tides'.


'Skull & Glossbones'- One of my favorites of the four. A nice tan kaki, glossy color. Shear and streaky until the third coat for me but keep in mind I do paint relatively thin coats.

'Stranger Tides'- A light sage green color, like a green kaki. Also goes on shear and streaky but opaque after three coats.

'Sparrow Me the Drama'- A really pretty dark dusty rose color. 

'Planks a Lot'- A really pretty dusty, pastel purple. Similar to OPI's 'Do You Lilac It' but darker. This one is my favorite of the four. It goes on the nicest, being almost streak free and opaque with one coat.

All OPI nail polishes are manufactured 3-free (without DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde). They are also cruelty free, so you don't have to feel guilty!

Overall, I really like this collection and would still love to get a full size of the 'Mermaids Tears' for my collection. I love these colors under some of the newer shatters, like China Glaze's 'Cracked Candy' over 'Sparrow Me the Drama' or 'Planks a Lot'. I took pics for an upcoming shatter combinations blog.

I am not sure what I think of the 'Silver Shatter'? Especially with all of the different shatters coming out. Does anyone own and recommend it?... or dislike it? Thoughts?

Christina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...